1. How to Get Custom App Icons on Android
One of the best features of Android is the option to customize nearly anything you want, from the wallpaper and lock shortcuts to the way the icons look and feel. What’s more, there are many ways to apply custom icons. You can even create your own! Before you can change app icons, you’ll need to download and install custom icon sets. You can find them at the Google Play Store.
Table of Contents
2. Here’s how to install them:
1. Find a set of custom icons you like at the Google Play Store. The best way to find them is to type custom icons in the search bar (located at the top).
2. When you find an icon set you like, tap the entry in the search results. Then tap the green Install button.
3. Wait for it to finish, and then return to the home screen or tap Open.
3. How to Get Custom App Icons on a Samsung Using Galaxy Themes
Like the Galaxy Note 20, Samsung smartphones and tablets use a reskinned version of Android called One UI. That means you can also customize the home screen and interface with unique wallpapers, widgets, and app icons.
Before you can apply custom app icons, you must download theme packs from the Galaxy Themes app.
4. Here’s how to install app icons using Galaxy Themes
- Open the Galaxy Themes app or go to Settings > Themes. If you’re not already logged in, tap the menu button in the top left and tap the profile button to do so. If you do not have a Samsung account, you will need to create one.
- Tap the Icons button on the bottom (third from the left). Find an icon pack you like.
- Tap the icon pack to open the store page and then select the Download button at the bottom of the screen. An advertisement may appear, and the download should start after it finishes playing.
- Wait for it to finish.
- If you want to apply the icon pack right away, tap the Apply button, which replaced the Download option.
5. How Do You Change App Icons on Android?
Even if you installed a custom app icon pack, you need to apply it first before seeing any changes. Just having the icon pack installed does not make them active or visible.
6. Changing App Icons Within the Application
Sometimes, you can apply the custom icons using a tool that comes with the icon packs you install. Here’s how:
- Open the icon app for the pack you downloaded. Accept any permission requests.
- Depending on the app, you may or may not see an Apply button. Some icon packs require you to have a custom launcher to use them.
7. How Do You Change App Icons on Samsung?
If you haven’t already applied the icon packs previously installed on your Samsung, here’s how to activate them or swap them out.
- Open Galaxy Themes either by clicking on the icon in your app tray or going to Settings > Themes.
- Tap the menu button in the top left, and select My Stuff.
- At the top of the screen, tap the Icons option. Then tap the icon pack you wish to apply.
- At the bottom of the page, select the Apply option. You may or may not see a warning, tap Agree or Apply again to continue.
8. Can You Change App Icons without a Launcher?
The short answer is yes, you can.
With some icon packs, you can apply them directly from within the native app. If that doesn’t work, you can always use another app like Shortcut Maker.
9. How Do You Change App Icons and Names on Android?
If you want more freedom when changing app icons, like adding a custom name, you’ll need to install another app called Shortcut Maker.
10. How Do You Install Shortcut Maker?
Go to the Shortcut Maker Google Play Store page. Then, tap the green Install button and wait for it to download and install.
11. How Do You Change App Names with Shortcut Maker?
To change the display name of an app, you’ll create a shortcut which means creating an additional app icon with custom parameters. Here’s how:
- Open Shortcut Maker. Choose the type of shortcut you wish to make from the list. Choose the Apps option for an app icon. Next, select the app icon you want to customize from the list of installed apps.
- Use the Tap to Edit Label button (it will also show the app name) to change the name. Then, enter the new custom name or label and select Done.
- Edit any other custom options you want (you can also choose a custom app icon). When you’re done, tap the big blue Create Shortcut button in the bottom right.
12. How Do You Make Custom Icons on Android?
Creating custom icons and adding them to a set is a lengthy and complex process, and explaining how to do it is best left for a separate guide. It is possible, and it can be a lot of fun. It can also be a lucrative business opportunity if you’re good at it! You can sell custom themes on the Google Play Store or Samsung Themes store.
13. How to Change the Home Screen on Android?
On all Android devices, you can play around with app icons, including their look and feel. You can also customize your device by applying custom wallpaper, unique screensavers, changing the lock screen display, and much more. An app like Shortcut Maker makes it easy to customize the appearance of individual app icons, even those not affected by installing a custom icon pack or a Samsung Galaxy Theme.