Gboard’s Revamped Toolbar
Gboard, known for its seamless functionality and user-friendly interface, has been one of the most popular keyboard apps on Android. Earlier this year, Google introduced a revamped toolbar to a select group of beta users, allowing for more customization options and quick actions. Now, the update is being rolled out to a wider audience, providing users with greater flexibility and accessibility. In this article, we will delve into the details of Gboard’s revamped toolbar and explore the benefits it brings to Android users.
Table of Contents
Introduction of the Revamped Toolbar:
- Google has been testing a new toolbar design for Gboard, Gboard’s Revamped Toolbar, aiming to offer users more control over customization options.
- Initially released to a limited number of beta users in February, the update is now being gradually rolled out to a larger user base.
Accessing the Revamped Toolbar:
- The revamped toolbar is available in the beta version 13.0 of Gboard.
- Users who are enrolled in the beta program can expect to receive the update soon, unlocking the new toolbar features.
Enhanced Customization Options:
- Gboard has replaced the ellipses that previously housed various features, such as themes, text editing, and the clipboard.
- The new toolbar introduces a button with four squares located on the far-left side, offering a more accessible and customizable layout.
- Users can personalize the order of shortcuts within the toolbar and the overflow menu, tailoring the keyboard to their preferences.
- The updated version allows users to add more than four shortcuts to the toolbar or remove unnecessary ones for a cleaner interface.
- An Emoji tile has been added for quick access, providing a dedicated button next to the space bar.
Availability and Rollout:
- As of now, the revamped toolbar is only available in the beta version of Gboard.
- Non-beta users can anticipate the rollout of the update in the upcoming weeks, providing wider access to the enhanced features.
- Google continues to refine Gboard’s user experience, with recent rumors suggesting the addition of resizable and repositionable keyboard functionality.
- This upcoming feature would eliminate the need to navigate through settings and provide users with a more convenient way to adjust keyboard size and position.
The introduction of Gboard’s revamped toolbar brings exciting customization options and enhanced accessibility to Android users. With the ability to personalize the order of shortcuts and add or remove features, users can tailor Gboard to their specific needs. Although the update is currently available in the beta version, non-beta users can expect to receive the new features soon. As Google continues to refine Gboard’s functionalities, the future addition of resizable and repositionable keyboard options further promises an improved user experience. Stay tuned for more updates as Gboard continues to evolve and provide a seamless typing experience for Android users.
We hope you like our article “Gboard’s Revamped Toolbar – Enhanced Customization and Accessibility for More Users”
Click here to read more articles.